March 1: With our offices located in the town owned Loring Parsonage, we will be closed to the public until further notice. Our staff and volunteers continue to work remotely and on site in a limited capacity. Please call us at: 978-443-3747 or email us at: with any inquiries and we will respond as soon as possible!

April 6 7:00 PMThe Battles of April 19, 1775

April 19, 1775 was a pivotal day in the founding of our nation as it marked the first armed engagements between the British Regulars and the Colonial “Minutemen” on Lexington Green, the Old North Bridge in Concord, and other locations between there and Boston. This was indeed the beginning of the Revolutionary War, and the first step in the birth of our new nation.

The Concord Museum has recently completed a $1.2 million permanent exhibition that brings to life this conflict in engaging, emotional ways through powerful animation, artifacts, recordings, and story-telling.

Importantly, those stories are not just about Concord but are equally about the surrounding towns from which the Provincials converged to the battle sites.

The Concord Museum will be offering a free virtual tour and program on Tuesday, April 6 at 7 p.m. as well as two separate in-person nights on April 7 and April 14, 5:00-8:00 p.m. For the in-person nights, they have divided them into “east” and “west” groupings, but anyone is free to attend either session—both of which will involve timed ticketing and full COVID protocols.

Details and Registration

April 14 1:00 PMAn Afternoon with Ken Gloss

Kenneth Gloss, proprietor of the internationally known Brattle Book Shop in Boston’s Downtown Crossing section and Antiques Road Show expert, will give a presentation via Zoom. Ken will discuss the value of old and rare books, followed by a Q&A from participants.

Details and Registration

Find That Perfect Gift at Our Online Store!

Our new gift shop is coming together nicely and new merchandise is coming in every day! We hope to be open to the public soon, but in the meantime check our online store here.

While we are still closed to visitors, we can ship or leave any order out for a scheduled pick up. With the holidays coming up, this is a great way to find some unique gifts and support the SHS at the same time!

Support Local History During Our Annual Appeal

The SHS annual appeal funds a variety of expenses, including collections management, staff training and salaries, program expenses and exhibit design.

Previous annual appeal donations have helped shape the design and creation of "soon to open" Sudbury History Center & Museum Galleries and Gift Shop!

Additionally, during these unprecedented times, we are creating programming alternatives that can bring the history of Sudbury directly into your homes. With your support, we can impact our community in a lasting way.

Please join us by making your tax-deductible gift on our online donation page located here or by sending a check to the Sudbury Historical Society; 288 Old Sudbury Road, Sudbury, MA 01776.


Donate to Our Ongoing Mission!

Make a Donation

Donate with Amazon Smile!

Current Newsletter