The Sudbury Town Hall, dedicated in 1932, is the newest building in the Town Center. The large, red brick structure with its wooden facade and massive white columns is an enlarged replica of the original Town Hall. It was designed by Sudbury architect Charles H. Way. Sudbury‘s original Greek Revival-style Town Hall, built in 1846, stood across the street next to the Carruage Sheds until it was destroyed by fire in 1930. The lamp over the front door of the current building is from the original Town Hall.
The building was designed to house the Fire Department in the basement and with an auditorium replete with balcony and stage on the upper floor. The Sudbury Historical Society is currently located on the Town Hall’s upper floor.
In 1954 a one story addition was added to the rear of the building to provide space for town offices and a second fire truck.